วันเสาร์ที่ 5 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2551

Bathma Kaew-ngok

It started when I was studying at the college of Fine Art" says Bathma, recalling his first interest in ceramic art "We had all learned about the fundamentals of art and been practicing basic skills. However, it was only to pass a course and to get our diplomas. That was it. none of us knew exactly what we were interested in, almost until we graduated from college. At the time I was thinking over about my direction, whether I should join a business or apply for university. If I went for university, I had no idea at all about which professional skill I should pursue. It would be great if I could learn painting, printing, carving and modeling skills all at once, as per my requirement."After his graduation with a Bachelor of Applied Art (Ceramics), Bathma went to Chiang Mai to learn from the experience of local ceramic artist. He then sought out ceramic artist in japan. He sent out proposal to 30 Japanese ceramic artists for scholarships to study in their workshops."There was only one reply out of my 30 proposal, but that was enough," Bathma said "I told them the truth that I had no money, Only intention. What I could pay was to be a good student and spread my knowledge to the public in return."I'm flew to japan in 1999 to study with the Japanese ceramic artist, Mr. Kanji Atarashi, Bathma learned not only traditional Japanese ceramics, but also ZEN philosophy from Mr. Atarashi. He learned that ceramic art is not just working with clay, but being with nature. Clays from diffrent sources have different substances that affect color and strength. The fuel or temperature control of the kiln is also a factor. To learn the art of ceramics is to understand the spirit of nature. "My heart became more peaceful. When I considered the fact of the resource, I found it is life itself. Nature is not so difficult to learn, actully it is very simple, but perhaps we have never tried."
Ceramic Art Exhibition (My Student)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: